Friday, January 16, 2009

Rag tag return home.

So im back from ze land of oz. And no they are not all prisoners, but any other stereotypes may not be as questionable. There certainly was a high abundance of skantly clad attractive types in the baking sun. Especially in Sydney, pitty its a slightly more boring city. MONORAIL, MONORAIL! "I hear those things are awfully loud, It rides as softly as a cloud", and all that jazz. No seriously, for a city with double decker trains how the frack did they build a wastful pile of shite like that monorail? There must be a suburb of north haverbrook or something!

But all seriousness, im a self reflective blogger who talks no sense, not a travel journalist. So onto the life less beutiful. Apon return i was pretty zonked, as would you be following over a day on planes, And a 3 hours stop in a packed arab airport at midnight their time. But all was good, holiday went without a hitch. Sure i said less than 1,000 words a day and was board or lonely at times, but i enjoyed it, and it was certainly NOT my place to complain, if i could even think of any, which i cant! Come on, it may not have truely been christmas down there but it was sunny and hot people galore, or "insert bond girl name here".

The Fresh meat Masters:
So when i returned i popped back into the society as soon as i could, and i wasnt disapointed. I gave a bottle of cheap Tawney port to Lenn and dummied on my own for the debating competition hosted by the Joker.(A nickname that has come full circle, but ill explain later) Now the first motion was about fat kids being taken to camps, so obviously i objected they'd get fatter and teach eachother how to add custard to every meal. Second motion was more up my alley, Manned mission to mars. I basically verbattum listed how Nasa plans to get there and sproated shite about publicitiy stunt and for the good of science. Now i was shot down by I-T about Helium-3 on the moon for "cold fusion", but i looked it up, it can be ued for a certain type of fusion, just not that energy efficient. Apparently Deuterium-titrium reactors are the best bet at the moment, expected by 2050. Like i know what that means... This was a good debate despite some people being a bit more clueless. Then came the 3rd one, That this house would Colonise failed states. Oi VEH! 1st proposition went "super-conservative", "crossed the line". Well, in truth, they said they would but in truth sprouted shite about it for 2 speechs and gave no plan. Same for op really, just shoot down the tripe that preceeded them. With fuck all to say thanks to 1st props insane angle i decided to go moderate, and give a soloution to the problem that was on the props side. I decided to put in UN led olagarchy's to run the basic services of these failed states for the people. No imperialist overlord notions. My tag for it was "By our people, for Thier people". Which i was proud of. But in general i was ignored. With fuck all else to say i didnt give a second speech. I was filler anyway, i wasnt even in the debate, but i felt gutted at that. A good soloution that was uncontested, unargued and left without any clarification or debate.

Then the finale. The big Finale. Why so serious you ask? Well thats exactly why! The Joker, Quoted the Joker and gave us all the best motion ever. That this house would Arrest BATMAN!
It was by far the most hillarious and entertaining motion i had ever seen and it was carried extreemly well by all concerned. I-T and Nordie2 being the stars, with a team whose nicknames i have yet to choose shown just aswell with their amazing Proposal's as to why we should arrest the batman. Op did well, but in the face of it all they couldnt contend with the 2nd op being the weakest at the table when faced with the knoledge of the other teams, and the tour de forcer of Nordie2 concluding speech which wipped the floor with the op. He even won sparkly wierdly flavoured Champaign, not just any sparkly wierdly flavoured champaign, pink bottled, victory smelling, sparkly weirdly flavoured M&S Champaign.

Back to school:
Oh how i loath study. No really, im not looking forward to learning Oncology and Heamatology again, aswell as Nature Vs Nurture and Social theories on profesionalism and so on and so forth. But i have to. And ill ignore my complaints and move on to love life... or seeming lack there of. I saw Daisy about a few times and something about her Eyes made me run a mile. Didnt even say a word to her. On the way back onto campus on wednesday i walked ahead of her and she seem'd to be going my way so i stopped and pretended to wait for someone at front arch. She passed and gave me a small wave and i felt like a girl in a romance novel, almost swooning! Cue yesterday and over much debate with myself and persuasion to buck up and just ask from PG i attempted to ask Daisy out. No cigar. She told me she was busy and needed to study and so on. I was pretty upset, pissed, confused, angry; basically i couldnt pin one reaction from one second to the next. Sat on my own in lectures today feeling rather insane over a lot of things and didnt even notice her anywhere in the crowd, and didnt really want to. With retrospect while preforming a study related task in IS services i re-read her text and realised it may not have been as harsh as i first thought but it was still being turned down, not exactly rejection.


In other news. Eh, if you could call it that. Ive had several great ideas floating around my head the past few days. I possible way of taking nursing along with me to my tv/movie/novel dreams, and a few more ideas for several of my stories and inventing a website in my head. The way of taking nursing occured to me while still in Oz, why not do plastics or burns in california, they must be pretty good and i do like those fields? Ideas for stories came in the form of trying to Resurect my sexy vampire idea(pardon the pun), restructuring the heroes in my heroes story and general plot developments down the line for my Dolmus story. Now of course my vampire and superheroe ideas were re-ignited by seeing twilight and reading watchmen, but my vampire story is from 4th year and my heroes thing is from last summer when i used my mental illness as inspiration for a story where the main hero is stuck in an alternate reality and is suffering from mental illness and thinks he must change things back to normal in order to get home. But is he really from a place where things are better off or actually mentally ill? I love it and finally ive been able to gather some more clarification of what to do with it in my head. And as for the website idea, i think ill keep it sthump, but i think its genious!


Eh. I dont know what framework i was going for with this blog. None i think. I cant think of what else to say. I could talk about love life more, little tid bits like what happened between my craziness and Cleo, or other potential now that Daisy has turned me down. But for now i'll leave my musings and moanings at this.

Good Day Y'all.

No comments: