Monday, June 8, 2009

Boredom Chronicles

So the parental unit’s have returned. And as is the tradition of all airport travel i have super-huge toblerones to munch on. Someone else’s holiday is never the same unless you get chocolate for it! It’s only fair...

So what have i been up to since their majestic return? Eh nothing really. I did a few chore’s today, and chased the escape artist puppies as they have developed several way’s out of the back garden the very second my parents return. I blame my dad taking them out to frolic when he was mowing the front lawn yesterday. I was drafted to guard them as he mowed. This was pointless, they ran next door instantly to taunt their relative’s. This led to a lot of chasing, especially of Ralph , the mad one. When we finally got them back he escaped the side gate just as we were closing it, so the chase began again. Then we discovered that Rosie got out again. We didn’t know how, there was supposedly no hole’s in the fence. Then we find that the entire mini gate’s wire had been chewed away. She was able to squeeze through. So we put bags of wood against the gate to block the hole’s. A few minutes later i go to feed them and they don’t appear. I go outside and there i find Ralph hanging out of the gate with his hind legs stuck and Rosie running free. I wriggle him loose and lift him back in to the yard. I then climb the fence like a ladder and catch her easily.

Their escape act’s continued today. When my dad left for town i was told to keep an eye on the dogs. Doing a few computer things i thought it odd that the pack of dogs next door were so loud. Then i hear a knock at the door. It’s our neighbour carrying the two mischievous escape artists, Ralph and Rosie. I was not pleased. I check the garden and move the sacks of wood a bit. I then start making breakfast. All of a minute has passed and i wonder where are the dogs. I step out and they’re gone. I dash over to the fence, climb it, jump down run to the next fence, climb into my neighbours and amongst the yelps of the caged dogs i yell out for my crazed puppies. They eventually pop out of the tree’s and think it’s all a game. Then a bit of petting and wrestling and dashing back and forth and i have them both. Now the hard part. Getting back over the fence while still keeping a hold on both of them not easy! I got them home and then i lock them in. By the time i’m doing chores in the back garden i let them out again. Keeping an ever watchful eye on them. And they try several way’s to escape, the side gate, the sacks of wood, and then the tall fence itself. I hadn’t noticed but there was a blank missing. I saw Rosie leaping and she almost get’s through into the gap inside the fence, almost to freedom. I dragged her back and then saw the missing blank inside. It had fallen inward during the windy weekend, it hadn’t been supported. I fetch a hammer and rusty nails from the old rotten picket fence, that collapsed in a massive way threatening a mini-cooper antique. Puppy escape hole sealed off i felt proud, i had foiled their free running escapade’s.

My poor Phone:

I know i have friends, new ones at that. I also have transportation, but with DS in Syria with his father, Gammaman in the Republic on placement, my Ex who i don’t anyway in Spain and college finished for the year(academic), i have little options. That i am socially shy about initiating things and so on. I’m sure i can think of something to do. But i have to pay back placement and find a job as well, and preferably soon.

Why i say “my poor phone”, is mainly because out here in the Styxx I don’t get a strong signal so it can’t do any of it’s bitchin’ internet stuff which is handy when bored on the couch watching tv. It’s like a restricted computer in the palm of my hand, moderate fun to be had! I miss that. I have all that social networking at my disposal, in theory, and it’s all going to waste, shame.

My odd dreams:

I was woken early to feed the puppies, 6 am early. My mother was getting ready to leave and felt this was the perfect new time to added to their reutine and mine. My 4 hours of sleep was none to happy i can tell you. I went back to bed and woke again at 12. Before waking i had a series of not very well connected dream’s that took me a while to remember as i tried to drag myself from my double bed.

They were muddled and random to say the least. I was going to rattle them all off in what i thought was the sequence but instead i’ll try and briefly postulate what they were all about in a few short phrase’s.

The amalgam of Art class and placement was all about how i avoid things and how i should take responsibility.

Following that a few faceless classmates that i apparently had spent time with were indicator’s of opportunities and so on.

The River in an Asian city avoiding a lighthouse or police station thing, was video games and movie’s i had recently seen turned into another version of the avoiding thing yet again.

The Britney spears music video dream. This one was longer, far more complicated too. Basically it was a random song that didn’t exist. I followed a group of familiar celeb face’s through different scenarios like i was part of the party. There was even some sing along “re-enacting” of the video itself like we were partying. At that point it changed to another version of the “video” where other parts corresponding to what had happened were shown. What any of these moments were has left my memory, but it was interesting. I think it meant there is always another side to the story, or something like that.

Then the last dream was slightly odd again. It involved crashing in the Gimby late at night after partying, or the music video. I had a conversation with someone generic and then campus alarms went off. Apparently someone had broken into campus and everyone was being rounded up and reassured that everything was okay. I didn’t have a residence card or anything and joined the crowd anyway. Apparently following a girl i knew to some Chaplaincy reassurance thing. It was all a bit foggy but i think the break in was me or something, i’m not sure. Either way i tagged along just because of this girl and saw whoever i was talking to in the same lecture hall as the religious sermon thing we were attending. Oddly the “holy communion” was in a tablet form where both the body and blood were in the same capsule, some sort of internal religious “streamlining” joke in my head i think. Then while preparing to scoff internally at the whole thing i started reading a pamphlet. Then the person to my right asked me a question. It was a fellow nursing student, they asked about an exam question. I answered back something about Oesophageal verities, and they then said that they were asking about a Tracheotomy question. Then that was it. What that all meant i wasn’t sure. I think it means i was avoiding being in trouble and going with the flow, and avoiding exams and so on and not know what i should. And that the chaplaincy thing was a support structure i was missing, that i should have been getting to help me and so on.

This is all just my own interpretation, i don’t know if it’s the right one, but i think so. I was both being reminded of how i avoid things as well as being reassured that there are possibilities out there and so on.

As for the music tag. I recently discovered Fight Like Ape’s via another blog i read. They’re amazing! I love when i find new music, especially quirky stuff and irish at that.

To Do list:

Phone CPC to arrange time owing(belated because i’m afraid of phonecall’s)

Learn rule’s of the road and pass Theory test so i can get driving lessons.

Study for supplemental exam and “re-do” assignment.

GET TO 3RD YEAR!

Find a summer job.

Toodle’s for now.

No comments: