Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finding a job....

It's supposed to be easy. Is it not?


Well when your CV is as spartan as mine, and my future is so vague, what exactly have i got to sell about myself as a possible good employee?


If only it really was Simple. If only there were ye know, unrealistic and consistently proven to fail schemes and policies where everyone could have a job... And such and such.

If only.


From The Learning Curve





This morning before heading off to a flat footed tour of Dublin's shop fronts looking for Positions Vacant signs and any sort of sign etc

I bought a Dime bar. Although it's changed. It's now a Daim bar? When the feck did that happen! THEY'RE OUT TO RUIN MY CHILDHOOD.

Not to long ago it was the World cup, in America of all places. And amongst the chants of Ole Ole Ole that hung over from before i had memory when the boy's in Green were off to Italy, there was also the emergence of a new chocolate bar.

It had a strange ad. It was an Ad with Armadillo's. As a child of only 6 or so, on the cusp of my constantly re-watching Willow phase, how was i to know of this strange animal. But there it was. Hard on the outside, soft on the inside. The opposite of this new product. The Dime bar.

I remember it well. And strangely i mostly remember the ad, and not the bar itself. I never ate it regularly throughout my years. I even remember reminiscing about it circa 2001, let alone now.

But under a new name, it's still in existent. And still sticks to you're teeth. But Daim? Fucking awful name if you ask me!

From The Learning Curve




I thought of posting the job finds i found myself in my travels, that i would be unlikely to fill myself, but that would be cruel. If i can't work neither can you dear readers!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Well that and i could NOT be arsed.



I also saw this sign. Rather good for musician's. Interesting too:

From The Learning Curve





Also this, OLDER sign that i spotted around the time i returned to this fair isle.


From The Learning Curve





I'll probably post properly sometime soon. Had idea's for today but just to tired from all my walking.

Fuck all jobs out there!




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Danny said...

there's fuck all jobs up here in the north too. i haven't worked in 2 and a half years and i'm in no hurry to find one. its so bad there was 700 people going for a street sweeper job, i heard. but i have to keep applying to keep the brew sweet, though i usually put on my application forms that my hobbies include: home & away, going to the toilet to drop 1, dreaming when i sleep. this usually ensures i won't be asked for an interview.

Unknown said...

Lol, yeah that's pretty much what it becomes when you're home alone.

Mine would probably be copious amounts of internet, tv and doing chore's against my will. Oh and sitting, lots of sitting.