Monday, May 18, 2009

Spicy potato wedges and a yoghurt

An entirely random title i know but that's the odd pile of rubbish from some studious person's bizarre lunch. Yep you know it's exam season when student type food is left as rubbish on top of tower shaped computers and left forgotten. 1.99 for spicy wedges in centra, not exactly cost affective. Any REAL student would be aware of 1.87 or so sandwich's of the week in londis. I was lucky in that mine wasn't "in the system", so the till operator keyed in a price of 1.77 instead of looking at the mirrored number's on the poster stuck to the front window. RESULT! Well not really. I also went all the way to eason's just to get a cheap SPARE pencil for my exam. 25 cent for one with a rubber on top. Reads of Nassau street, wanted to charge 1.49 for a plain pencil of the same graffite shade that is the standard HB. Reads, of Nassau street, can fuck themselves:-p!!!


Now my exam is in an hour, just around the corner actually. I've looked over stuff, i'm not in my usual forced exam confidence mode but i am trying. Let's hope things go well. I'll save this as a draft to give both sides of the same story for today and recent events.

Following this blog i also intend a blog on recent pop culture occurrence's that i have been stock piling in a to-blog list. No seriously, it's on my scribble paper under my keyboard on my desk at home. Along with ruff sketches of space ships, various doodles and intricate plans for train networks and world conquest.





A word to my readers and a retrospective look at my blog in general:

Well last weeks only published entry really pissed me off. On one hand it was an efficient use of my mobile phone. On the other it was a mental rant with frequent grammar and spelling mistakes and a narrative mindset that disturbed me, a lot. Basically i was pissed with that blog. I could have corrected it but i just didn't like it so i moved on. Hidden in the bowels of this account is also a massive rant about star trek vs star wars that isn't very coherent or finished, but i hope to fix it up with some facts and proper analyses. Wookiepedia and Memory Alpha being very important for that....

Readership wise. Well my anonymity system isn't exactly that anonymous. After all i publish this via a feed onto my facebook so it is easy enough for my friends and acquaintance's to get a-hold of it and figure stuff out. That really is of no consequence but it does sometimes seem mute or pointless. Even with a "key" bluetaced to my desk to remind me of the most commonly used nicknames i still don't understand why i even bother with the system sometimes. But i will never remove it, i like it and will forge ahead regardless. I also have to note that despite only finding 2 comments now i never realised that i actually have readers, woohoo, dances. I apologise then to them for last weeks blog, for rants here and there and for not posting in blog format all the time. That will come later today or whenever in the form of my "pop-culture" blog.


This is more of a self-serving diary blog post for now.



Bodly going back to the final frontier:

As planed i dragged society people and college friends too star trek. I had been planing it for weeks. Hell it was originally an off the cuff idea from Dona. Somehow i carried it, and carried it and it was an event none-the-less. I even had custard cream's that cost all of 39 cent, economic baby! Unfortunately the crowd wasn't what i had planed and there was still a sizable amount of us, 7 in total. But with the irish contingent and those not crippled all studying or apprehensive about upcoming torture sessions it was left to just the small group to enjoy the movie. No additional night or any such as originally planed, just a movie. Pity. Apollo however has expressed interest in going after exams so i "could" in theory press gang the rest of people to go as an after exam thing, or i could plan something for the summer. I have been toying with the idea of a party at mine for ages, just the logistics are difficult. And my parents being away the week after exams i still would have NO way of getting people to my little corner of the styxx.


I was thinking of a "who are my friends" rant or a bitch session but i think i'll leave that be. Most of it is really more up to me etc. I "have" to be more assertive, make myself noticed, so on and so forth. But then again it was painful trying to organise shit over recent months with little enthusiasm or co-operation coming back at me. But i did it anyway. Had to restrain a bitchy rant there too....


It's 30 minutes to my exam. I shall pause this blog post for now...






Phew wow, that wasn't so hard after all. Good work.

50 mcq's in a 2 hour exam. Was finished at one hour 25 minutes or so. So not to bad.




Pop culture blog now included; I was not going to do it, then i was, then i wasn't, then it was going to be separate at some arbitrary point in the future, then i was going to put it on hold, now i'll just bloody do it!


A black james bond, SAY WHA!:

Where the hell did this BS come from? African-American and British actors all being tipped to play the first "black james bond". Since when was the first Blond Bond looking for work? Daniel Craig is doing a good job, whats with this over PC media garbage of African-American' pining for a job they could NEVER do!

Here are the candidate's and what i think about them.


Will Smith:

From The Learning Curve


Who:We all know Will.
Why: He's a massive star. He also has box office pulling power even with awful movies, ie Hancock and ?? Pounds.
Why not: He's a massive star anyway, he doesn't need bond.


Sean "P Diddy" Combes

From The Learning Curve


Who: Entrepreneur, rap artist, producer, millionaire playboy.
Why: He's a bit up himself and has loads of money, he also wants to be more famous.
Why Not: He has very limited acting chops and is just in it for the fame.


Jamie Fox:

From The Learning Curve


Who: A very talented Actor and occasional singer, see Collateral and Ray.
Why: He's a real actor, a good one, and he's apparently "cool".
Why not: He's just another fame seeker. Sure he's good but he's better than an action star and probably incapable of being british or afro-carribean enough.


Idris Elba:
From The Learning Curve


Who: Idris Elba. Yep i don't know either. He was in The Wire for an influential run, got killed or something, people love him is all i know.
Why: He's actually british, is apparently really good and has been mentioned in as in the "running" for james bond.

Colin Salmon:

From The Learning Curve


Who: Colin Salmon, one of those secondary actors you always recognise. He has actually been in at least 2 bonds as an MI6 agent as well as many shows.
Why: He's a good actor, british and has actually been in Bond Films.
Why Not: He's been in Bond films, hence he is not Bond.

Chiwetel Ejiofor

From Actors and celebs


Who: Chiwetel Ejiofor. Really good actor, the role I know him best for is The Operative in Serenity. I can't say his name but he is very good.
Why: He's british (sort of), he's really good, he could do with being a star....
Why not: He's a good actor, not really an action type actor and he's a bit older and a bit to ethnic afro-british to be considered.



Basically the American contenders are all stupid ideas. The british are more likely but they are also slightly pointless. There is no need for a "black" Bond. We still have the Blond Bond. Maybe a spin-off if the PC brigade are that pushed, bloody reverse media nazi's, know nothing about realistic film making, this is Bond after all.....


In other news my abi-stance is waning. I have started to consider several possibilities. I will elaborate futher at some other point.




Video of the blog:

Green Day -Know your Enemy live at abbey road:

1 comment:

Race said...

can't say much about spicy potato wedges and yogurt, maybe the yog cools down the spice, lol. bond... my vote stays with daniel craig, hot as fuk bond if ur askin, the other dudes, hmm, like fox, smith ok, but neither one believable. pee combs is a major douche, would actively boycott that flick if it ever came to be. other dudes, like whtev, bond has to be the shits, otherwise, just a hard on for the premenopausal moms.