Sunday, November 16, 2008

Harry's G.U.I.D.E to Brunch.

Ah, i just love that title. So many in-jokes its unreal! Let's see, 1, 2, 3, 4 and an overal 5. Damn, 5 puns/injokes in the same title. I applaud myself. Now revealing them all would... well that would just be telling. Anyhoo, an up and down week. As per usual. But this one had some great moments, some i will never forget, some i would rather, really really want to forget. I had prepared a draft for this and it was going rather splendidly, but why draft it when that draft started on wednesday, that backward spelled day.

So i start with day by day blows as brief as possible and comment as light as i can on sub topics from a few of the days. Yeah, that will work, i think.

Monday: Long day on placement. Nothing too special too it. Felt like it was really any other day. But Meteor in their glorious wisdom gave me 50 euro out of nowhere. So as an honest costomer i didnt complain and let it be. I was tired so i didnt watch much "telly" and didnt faff about much online when i got home, i just went to be.

Tuesday, a day that will live in infomy: Well the first parts of the day, not really. I was placed in an STI clinic for 2 days so first thing in the morning at around the time of most civilised breakfasts i was bending over looking at warts being frozen off strange men's genital area's. Great way to start the day. Mid morning involved testing urine. Late afternoon involved awkward quick glance's up a speculum. All in all, an odd day placement wise. But it was a great place. The staff were amazing and the nurse's were all irish, a welcome change from you're normal pom pui sub-asians. The OKAY OKAY Doctor however was slightly annoying, even if she was helpfull id love to travel back in time and give her a thesaurus to her during medical school, Okay said that many times in repatition is just wrong!

Now the evening. Quick pop into the society. Brief chat with Percy and BD. Fox was in the room with her significant other, but best to ignore that frequent spectical. Grabbed a redbull and then headed for the train. Oh wait, mother was going home later? Freedom to meet up with PG(my ex of 9 months) and our olde friends from college. So there i was aranging going home with my mother and i walk out the "wrong" gate of college and then think, oh im going the wrong way. Walk to the green, realise, oh frak, i was going the right way. So i buy lolipops and get a discount of 5 cent each due to a clerical error. I walk via the "bus depot" to the department store in question and join my olde friends, or at least wonder to both area's of eating and cant see them, half way out of the place and find out they're tucked into an odd corner. So i arive, and PG, Avril and Cleo are all there. I had lollipops our and sit down. Oh, did i mention i was breaking practice's and still in uniform, im a bad boy that way, no time to change!

So good catch up etc. But out of nowhere Cleo, a course drop out shone like i never saw before. She was intriguing me from the get go. And after all it was good to catch up. Then came to V interesting story's etc, or at least the pg-13 versions. She was dating a lot, had been put on a personal ad website, made out with an argentine call girl and knew a friend who was organising a swingers party to soe his wilde outs before his wedding. I have to say, even if my other friends werent paying it the same heed as me, im a guy, such story's were amazing to me. And afterwards as i still had plenty of time in town, i decided to walk with her.

BEST CONVERSATION, IN A VERY LONG TIME. Wow wow wow. Rom-com or drama gold. Hearing more of the details of the stories i had heard earlier was just amazing. And hearing that she's bi. I shared that i was Hetro-flexable and found several guys really attractive; opposite sex sharing convo, so i shared! And things went on from there. Shared opinions of certain people, mentioned fail rate etc of course. Mention questionable sexual orientation of certain people from our course. Then more details about Swingers party thing, and i actually got an proposition of an invite. So from there i joked about the american wingman system, and thought in at least that capacity it could work. Then more serious stuff. Depression. How last year and life in general was for us. And boy we both opened up a lot. I'd say i talked more on that subject, but she did seem far more emotional. And then referance to When Harry Met Sally, possibly the greatest rom-com for relationship referance's ever. And it does ring true. The girls i know ive mostly fancied or eventually fancied at one stage, its oh so true. I had to say, the whole evening had been a big surprise and i was general bewildered and gobsmacked. And by the end of it i think i was enamered, lust was setting in, OY VEH!

Last note of that evening i stupidly sent a text trying to find out a proper excuse from Hope. But then forgot about it the next day...

Wednesday: Last day in the clinic. Far more quieter. Got to watch Fringe during an EXTENDED lunch break, good times. Got off early too, also good times. But my last patient was a culchie with leg swelling and i think i spent nearly an hour giving him the health promotion advice for his leg over and over while the young female doctor sorted out the care plan etc away from his wondering answers. I didnt blame her, he wouldnt shut up! I also found 2 euro on the ground, free lunch! Off early, so i go to the yellow arch and get a plastic burger to sustain me. Then into the society. Newspaper reading and then helping Fox with a crossword, prenate and kadaver being my contributions. Master-debating workshop. But then arguing like discussion over train time and lifts, not so good times. Then phone call from Hope. Oh yeah, text message. Apologies briefly from me about my Neurocies, but mainly her apologies about where she stood on not wanting a relationship. I was running for the train, i didnt give any of my side, but i was indifferent to it. Then miss train by a second. Angry Parentals. Afraid to go home. I use the hour wait to go see Gammaman and rest of people from society before that nights debate. Gradually getting more and more Manic and anxious about going home i text, Cleo, VeryBeary and PG looking for someone to talk to. To my relief all 3 reply. Nice to have friends like that when you need it. I calmed down eventually. I did want to join Cleo at swingers party, but that was a tad impossible, but i feared going home irrationally. Calm by the time i got home, and i used mild confidence to start off with stuff about travel allowence to avoid anything about the lift, it worked.

Thursday, brunch day/day off: Now i had planed to meet PG, Budsey, Hope and Cleo at different stages that day, but i lost Budsey due to her late arrival into town. Pitty, havent seen her in like 6 months or more. But that morning was great, i had epiphanies of genious and wrote loads of re-edit work for my story, i was chuffed. Met up with PG and talked to her for a bit while texting Cleo. And the shock, she invited me to another swinger's party on friday, despite a poor experiance the night before. Difficult to take in while with PG who still smelt of cocconut, bad memories of unfulfilling sex. Then it was freshers coffee afternoon. Brief convo with Hope but none about us. Tuc crackers, so damn tasty. Brief chat with CailĂ­n aswell due to gammamans spout of throat sandpaper. Grabbed notes. Then Long wait for Cleo. Then eventually met with her and she didnt seem too good, a bit of shock from the night before. But i was growing more and more fond of her. Cant remember anything substantial about thursday evening, i think i caught up on Heroes and a few other shows and that was about it.

Friday, a day id rather forget: Placement was average. Last day. Sad to see one patient was still there, she had temperature's like a rollercoaster, not so good times. Panic and stupidity over no portfolio work, but finally got my head around new system, i think. Got Travel allowence. Panic over figuring out next weeks placement. Then comment from some knacker that i looked like a girl from behind, stupid long hair and uniform. Now i had learned from early morning that swingers party was off. But i kept talking to Cleo. I kept talking and couldnt stop. I had tried to suggest dvd evening and talking to her to help her through some hick-up over some other guy. I could write a book on one sided lust, but she didnt want to share much about it with me. So i decided to stay in town to get my barrings. Slightly on the manic and stupid side. Another lollipop and sitting on the wrong platform in the train station thinking of heading towards where she lived. Smartly texted VeryBeary and she met with me briefly as she went to her own thing. I was calmer at that stage and didnt discuss much about it but i was still bleugh. Walked a lot more and ended up in the big C station. Newer texts from Cleo about my story for some reason. Then PG finally replied and she offered to find out what was on Cleo's mind. Gave an ultimatum about brining lyrics or going home. Went home. Didnt really find out what was on Cleo's mind.


Up and down week, and im leaving out this weekend. But i have to say, in truth it has been a good one. I have witnessed the true evil of my mind in manic and paniced state. Its ugly. I say a lot of things i dont want to. I make bad dicissions. I also need to focus more on college and hopefully fix the shady social life i have started to build. Theres some gaps in it and its hurting me. But study is the outward image i need to portray for parents. After all, im a lay about as is. I need to work. Even if i know it i need to learn it over again and appear to be working. Or ill be in the shit before i have a chance to proove it. I hate myself for poorly worded texts to Cleo, but they might not actually be as bad as i think. Time will tell. Study now..

No comments: