Saturday, March 28, 2009

Social Gadgetry, Oraganise, Blog more often and be more blog-like.

Yes i said it, my blog need's to be more blog like. Not because it's a diarry, no but because i can actually say stuff with a framework if i blog like a blogger. I also get more reader's of my day to day complaints and moanings if i pop in some observation's of the universe. And why not, i am a constant user of the internets. I witness many a trend on facebook, twitter and in the celeb world's of Perez and ew and elsewhere. So why not talk about them on top of my discription of my nicknamed friends and the "society" and my love life and lacking there of.



INQ Social Networking Phone:
I LOVE MY NEW PHONE!!! I have lusted or cuveted, which ever word is more gramitcally correct, after this phone for a few months now. Now what doesnt it do.... Well first it has facebook, skype and 3G features, MSN messenger, you have to pay for internet use and ebay and bebo, it has a nice 3.2 megapixel camera but NO light or flash or internal videophone.  It also has a an amazing contact sorting ability to "merge" your facebook, skype, mobile, msn, homephone and email contacts together, it also puts facebook display pics on your contact's when they call you. I basically love it. And depending on where i am in the house i usually have normal phone signal that's perfect, but in some "sweet" spots i can fully avail of the 3G options like Facebook, skype, yahoo weather, and one "sweet" spot is Right here at my desk! It's so great to have a gadget that can help organise my social life, social networking and life in general all in the same machine. Now of course it means i need 3 gadgets for life. My iPod Nano 8gb, Kodak camera(with a supply of ALKALINE batteries, my first mistake) and my INQ1. Sure INQ 2 will have twitter, but i dont care, my facebook is grand and it updates on bebo anyway making the bebo app useless thanks to Bebo's brilliant Ch-ch-changes/life feed header page.


Google Whore:

[
Yes i think i am becoming one. Now of course, i'm a good little consumer, i use Windows XP. Okay its a copy, and it's out of date and some genuine thing keeps pissing me off. But i'm a good little PC user, Macs are alien to me. 1 button, madness! No i will take my 3 buttons and mouse wheel anyday. But i hate IE, it crashes all the time. I also don't like WMP, i'm a winamp/iTune's Person with RealPlayer to steal stuff of the interwebs. But lately i've been adding the wonder's of google's service's to my computer use. I use Gmail for College, as they set that up and it's a good enough system, still a Hotmail Whore though, been that way since i was 14. Years ago i loved what Google Earth does, and it's still impressive, albeit out of date for place's that have evolved, ie Dublin Docklands and Dubai, and New Oreleans.... I have also Migrated to using Google Chrome. I used to be IE all the time, Windows users have no choices. I remember Netscape when i first heard of the internet in 1995, but Windows raped that mo fo or something similar. Now i used firefox to watch pirate shows online, and that worked for a while. But on my slightly barmy machine even Firefox started to crash the same as IE. This pissed me off. So i gave Chrome a go, and i haven't looked back. I also recently took up using Picasa3. It's brilliant. Feck Irfanview, that didn't have editing or google connectivity. Picasa 3 on the other hand is so google whore friendly that i just have to use it, it's so purty and easy. I like it loads, it's a pitty the webhoasting is still weak, Photobucket is where i go instead. And of course there's Blogger. The blogging service i use to rant and rave on life etc, it's a google property. It's far from perfect, i could make one or two sugestions, but i have it "feeding" to my Facebook and to a blogsphere database called "Technorati" or something similar. Got to get my words out there and so on.

Now if only google came up with a media player that connect's to iPods i would be sorted!

Organisation, trying baby steps and inevitable flayling steps:

Go me i started to organise my notebooks and notes for college. That's kind of all i did. I then intended to work on Psychology and my essay on Heartfailure/cardiac rehab. Not really no. 3 day's off a week and 2 day's of lectures, it's amazing how little i got done. My timetable isn't very full, brief general points that i seemed to ignore. But i hope to get around to doing things. I have to after all. I have to get my psychology stuff done for the rest of my group for next Tuesday, it's all due the following monday. The essay is due Monday the 6th aswell. I eh, don't have the question.... Yes i know awful organisation. But basically i need to work my ass off once psychology is done and widle that heart stuff down to the Nursing perspectave and a word count and NOT the bigger picture of health promotion and how in an ideal world Sick people wouldnt be sick and we wouldnt need a health service... My mind goes there sometimes, i can't help it. But i will have to soldier on and get that work done. I have 10 1/2 days to do it. 2 and 1/2 day's left on psychology, and just less than 2 months till exams.

Oh exams. Eh, i finally got my result from my febuary exams. I did well in biology, 75%, Shared nursing (spirtuality and Law) i got about 53% or something and i Failed NuG02 which was Oncology and Heamatology, 40%. This means for the remaning general nursing subjects, including the essay i have to score close to 60% or hight on all the answers in order to drag up my failure to pass the year. Maybe not 60% but i have to do better than just pass. Wonderful, i really actually have to work. It easily within my grasp, but i'm terrible at self motivation. I fear the study monster. I retreat to computers. But it must be done, it's a mean's to an end. It must be done!


Oral Fixation and Cola's:

Now i have a new favourite drink. And it is, drum roll please.....


Tango Cherry. It's gorgeous. And currently it's 2 for 1 Euro in the Spar near Tara Street Dart Station. Which is a great deal. Possibly the 2nd cheapest liquid you can pay for within the city. The cheapest being 49cent for a can of Reb Bull cola in the Londis at the Rialto Gate of St James's Hospital. Which is just a brilliant deal. Oh i just gave away what "the workhouse" is, oh well it was a pointless nickname anyway....

The 2 amazing cola's that i just can't decide between: 

The satisfying Jolt cola:
From Blogging

And the Natural greatness of Red Bull Cola: 
From Blogging




I can't pick between them, they're just both brilliant, i'd rellying on Red Bull more for it's cheapness,
but jolt is just so good when you want a caffine kick.

Now on with the show....


Star Trek; The Future Begin's:


I am really looking forward to this movie. Star Trek is one of my biggest love's, it's a great thing.
Now it went down hill with Voyager and Enterprise but it is still a brilliant franchise. It hasn't shot itself in
the foot yet like a certain other Star based series....

Now Trekkies are a scary bunch. Especially the so called "loyalists" the kind of people that still bitch about
TNG, DS9, Voy and the canon failure's of Ent. But i am not a "loyalist's" i'm not the kind of fan that would
have screamed when they announced TNG, or that DS9 was a spacestation, or that Ent was a prequel.

No i'm looking forward to this movie. And my only missgiving is that i won't be at the premiere in the
Sydney Opera House! Lucky Aussie's!

Society and Love life:

Eh what to say. I said a lot earlier in the week about nurse's i have my eye on. And that little cutey i
have yet to name. Well something similar to that little cutey appeared in my dreams. And It was rather
influencial, on several levels. For one it estabilished an animal attraction to the idea of this person. It
also sugested that the relationship would be anything but easy as we were kept apart by varrying plot
points and dream-type tangent's that were really annoying as all i wanted to do was be with the dreamlike
amalgum of this person and other people in my life. Curse you subconcious for being so complicated.

Society wise i have to keep a certain secret for the moment but am liasing with the Younglings and the Harem
in order to finish that project. Cuba debate april 1st, should be fun, we have a certain Radio star and the
cuban abasador, it should be great.


Youtube video of the day i'd like to share: Holiday Parade: Slam Crunk:



A rather impressive and catchy mash-up of well known rap tune's done by a pop punk band. It is just brilliant.

No comments: