Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What's the worst that can happen?

Upon leaving the computer room to see if i could source a hard copy of my seen questions i walked in the patch's of sunshine on trinity campus. Through the wind filled with white and pink petal's from the tree's i strolled relatively happily over to D'Olier street to see if i could find the mysterious sheet of paper i was looking for for my study.

Upon entering the foyee of our magnificent art deco building i passed the café and at the counter was my tutor. She waved at me and came over to talk. I paused my music. She then informed me that she was talking with one of the course people in the know and infomed me that the exam i failed from febuary can't be compensated and that i have to repeat it. I said study was going fine, a partial if not complete lie and proceeded to the upper level.

While walking under the large chandaler i grimmiced and whispered fuck to myself and proceeded on my less merry way. I reached the place where my exam may be filled and to my lack of surprise it was not there as i suspected. I then entered the marbled bathroom and did my business. While washing my hands i stared deep into my own eyes, clearly pissed off. Probably should have shaved, 10am shadow there.

Left the building into blistering sunshine on a windblocked street. My winter coat still on. I popped into the spar/centra transvestite newsagent's and said a brief hello to one of my old classmates. I proceeded to the ATM and extract what's left of my travel allounce to help pay for a Society hoodie that i really want to show my dedication and so on. I then fished in my change pouch in my wallet and spotted the 2 euro coin i had found this morning. While alighting from the commuter i was measuring the monitary contents of my wallet and spotted the German double headed eagle of a 2 euro coin amoungst the tile's and commuters feet. I picked up the coin and was happy with my day. Free coin, chance of lunch with old friends and prospect of sunshine till the evening. That 2 euro went to some Dr Pepper. Some jolt cola or red bull cola would have been nicer, but in my bitter twisted mood i felt "what's the worst that could happen?" is quiet possibly the best philosophy of brand name drink i needed.


Stepping out to the sun i fished into my bag for my sunglass's and with my winter coat still on i strolled with utter contempt and semi-bitterness trying to ignore the shattering news and desperattly shuffling for music that reflected my mood on my iPod. With sunglass's and all i returned to campus and proceded to The Gimby to read some newspaper's and have a liquid lunch, of sorts. Unfortunatly there were people preparing for some kind of presentation for some reason. I have no idea what for. Something to do with a libary and a record of the year to be presented or some shizzle like that that wasn't explained to me because i didn't actually ask anyone.
So even further up the stairs i ascended to the swelter box computer room. Struck gold and found a computer that worked and ran to Facebook, twitter and Blogger to vent my genericised tradename philosophy of "What's the worst that can happen......"



More later, i may break habbit and sit on the cricket pitch with my sunglass's and iPod, once that run's out of juice the mp3 prowess of my mobile. I will still have my avoision zone of the web a thumbing away, but it's healthy, some good vitamin D synthesis and all that jazz.

No comments: