Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh Oo! Ee Gast and all that jazz.

Ah fucking porch monkey's, yes i'm bringing it back, i have placement tomorrow.


Yes tomorrow mornign at 450 am i will be rising like a zombie in a Romero film slow, lathargic and cuveting gorry violence to quench my needs to remain un-awake.

I will grumpily blast myself with a shower. Slip my gahstly uniform into a bag, or on me, i can't decide whether to sally my clean clothes and self for a mixed taboo, and then get the 6 am train.

Now this is the first train of the day. And i may have to walk up the very long hill of the Dublin Road in Drogheda. This take's at least 5 minutes on a good healthy day, more if it's the depths of winter and you're too tired.

At around 656am i arrive at Connolly station. I then briskly walk to the Luas, and by a ticket. I sit in the seat that provide's the nearest free metro discarded by some considerete green commuter. I then arrive at the Workhouse at around 724 or so. Walk round about way's from the Rialto stop to the Locker Room then walk the rest of the length of the hospital to the ward i owe time to.


I then work for free, for means of educationa and paying my due's from 730am till 20.00, or as early as i can squeeze off and still put down the relivent time on my document.

I have 42 hours to pay back this week. Yep 42, and i have to have it done by friday. This mean's i will be working every day this week. Although i may need to stay later on thursday and have a shorter day on thursday in order to hand in relivant document's on time. This i'm not sure about, so i'll email about it on tuesday or late on monday.

I am not really looking forward to it, but i have to do it.

I'm in debt for 7 grand and i am working for free as a means of an education at a profession i don't really want to keep or do forever. I really really don't know why. But i have no other choice. I have NEVER worked a day in my life. And that counts for academic work to. This slog of thankless work known as "placement" is all as a means of hands on learning. If i knuckle down over the next 2 months and get to 3rd year, a year late, i will have an entire simester of "placement".

Thank fuck it's nursing, after all even if it's thankless grouling work, everyone's in uniform and about 92% female. THANK FUCK FOR THAT!

No comments: