Monday, August 17, 2009

Oh... Really, i didn't know, news to me.

In a random comment, somewhere in one of the blogs i follow i was advised to "drop" the use of Social Dullard as a screen name, as it apparently "doesn't do me any favors"



I have always liked Social Dullard as a screen name.

It's not true. I am not as socially inept as i may claim to be but as a basis of the very idea of discussing my social life, and the periods and gaps where there was none i find that Social Dullard fits.


It's an addy/screen name/online identity that i have come to accept over the years.


After all there is a minor semblance of anonymity to this blog. If everyone else contained has a nickname, then why shouldn't I?

Even if this is fed into my facebook it is still ambiguous to an extent as to who is contained, or exactly who is who. The issue doesn't arise that frequently that people mentioned have any consequence on those who find it upon themselves to read my little musings but it's still something i'd like to keep. And the same also goes for my name. It's obviously known to my friends, and to my followers to some extent. But the casual reader will only see the screen name. Does it need to change?



Should i keep the screen name or should i change it. If i were to change it what would be more fitting?

Am i over reacting because i want to write something? Or just jerking off...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

Vicki Valentine said...

Oh don't change your screen name; it’s a good one.
It's a lot more creative than some of the names on here [mine included] and as well as that it’s ironic as you said; you’re not socially inept and far from the definition I know to be a dullard!
Keep:)

Race said...

keep the name, it fuckin cracks me up! ^_^

Unknown said...

Thank you both. It shall be kept.